Monday, July 21, 2014

Perspective

Twice in the last week, I've had the opportunity to hear different perspectives of the same event. Neither event was even a ripple in my world, so my perspective on the situations was relatively clear.

Twice, they relayed completely different takes on a situation. I mean huge differences. Major.

My take-away from this has me pondering. We really have no idea what is going on in another person's world. It was eye opening. I mean, I knew that we don't really know what's going on in another person's heart, but how very far off we can be....like 180 degrees off....way off, that blew my mind.

Today I am going to try to remember that just because I think someone thinks/feels/acts/said/did/insulted/humiliated/offended doesn't mean they do/did or meant to.

Take a deep breath today, Jamie, and don't pick up the offense/cast the judgement.

1 comment:

Sara W said...

Great thoughts to ponder...